You are here:
Soft federations: process
Is there guidance on forming a soft federation? This article explains that maintained schools can enter into collaboration with other schools without forming one governing body. We look at the process of starting and ending collaboration. We also relay advice on collaboration and executive headship.
- Soft federations: definition
- Forming a soft federation
- Dissolving a soft federation
- Reasons for collaboration
- Executive headship in soft federations
- Does a soft federation have to become a hard federation after a set period of time?
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.