You are here:
Education, health and care (EHC) plans
Be clear on what EHC plans are, what they contain and how pupils with special educational needs (SEN) receive one - download our flowchart to help you digest this information.
- What’s an EHC plan?
- Governors' role
- What does an EHC plan cover?
- How do pupils get an EHC plan and how is it reviewed?
- Before the EHC plan: special educational provision in school
- Requesting an EHC needs assessment
- The local authority (LA) decides whether to carry out an assessment, and if so, whether a plan is needed
- Creating an EHC plan
- The LA will review the EHC plan annually to make sure it's still relevant
- The LA must conduct a re-assessment if requested
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.