Provision for pupils with SEND
- Education, health and care (EHC) plans Be clear on what EHC plans are, what they contain and how pupils with special educational needs (SEN) receive one. Also understand when you might see one as a governor.
- Governors' compliance with SEND legislation: an overview Learn about governors' duty to provide education for children with SEND. We run through the rules set out in the Governance Handbook, Children and Families Act 2014, SEND Code of Practice and SEND Regulations 2014.
- SEND Code of Practice: a summary Use this summary as a starting point to understanding some key parts of the SEND Code of Practice, so you can comply with this statutory document.
- SEND provision Read our one-page summary of your duties in relation to provision for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Download a copy to share with your colleagues.
- SEND report to governors: template and guidance Look at our template SEND report to learn what information you should expect to see about your school's SEND provision, and see examples from schools.