You are here:
Supporting pupils who are trans: governors' role
Your school has a legal responsibility to support pupils who are trans or gender questioning. Understand how you should monitor compliance with these duties, what you should expect to see in your school's provision, and what you should consider in your own practice.
- Your school's legal responsibilities
- Your role as a governor
- What you should expect to see in your school's provision
- What to consider when working with pupils who are trans
- Organisations offering further support
- Model trans policy and self-assessment checklist
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.