Equality & inclusion
- Equality Act 2010 Schools have specific duties under the Equality Act 2010. Learn about the Act and what's required of you and of your school.
- Equality Act 2010: admissions and provision of education Understand your role in making sure your school complies with its obligations to pupils and their parents under the Equality Act, and learn what you can do to prevent discrimination.
- Equality Act 2010: reasonable adjustments Know the rules your school must follow when providing reasonable adjustments for pupils, staff and parents with disabilities - including for school trips and after-school clubs.
- LAC and previously LAC: role of governors Find out what your responsibilities are regarding looked-after children (LAC) and previously LAC. Be clear on the statutory requirements so your school can stay compliant.
- Trans pupils: summary of legal rights Understand your school's legal responsibilities around supporting pupils who identify as trans, so you can make sure it's compliant.
- Using pupil questionnaires: guidance and examples Use questionnaires to involve pupils in decision-making and to monitor how effectively your school is meeting their needs. Get some guidance on how to use them well and see some examples from schools.
- Your role under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) All schools are required to comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty. Understand what your school has to do and what information it needs to publish.