Forming a new MAT: questions to consider
Key questions to consider when setting up a new multi-academy trust, covering the potential benefits, structure and risks.
- How will setting up a MAT lead to school improvement?
- How will our school be able to support others, and what support will other schools offer us?
- Will pupils benefit from a wider range of curricular and extra-curricular options?
- By establishing a MAT, will the pupils have more chance of being able to access a range of good and outstanding provision?
- If there are both primary and secondary schools in the MAT, how will this aid transition between them? Will the primary school serve as a feeder to the secondary school?
- Would being part of a MAT lead to better professional development opportunities for staff?
- Will establishing the MAT generate savings and economies of scale?
Are the finances of the schools who might join the MAT