You are here:
Challenge and support: questions for governors to ask
What questions can governors ask to challenge the school effectively? We relay suggestions of questions that governors might ask to support and challenge the SLT. We also relay suggested questions to help governors improve their understanding of the school in order to hold senior leaders to account.
- Suggestions from the DfE
- Using self-evaluation to inform questions
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: questions
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: questions
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare of pupils: questions
- Outcomes for children and learners: questions
- KeyDoc: 'Knowing your school' checklist
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.