The role of the board
- Challenge and support: finding the balance Get clarity on how to hold school leaders to account while supporting them to reach their targets, and see how this works in practice.
- Role description templates for maintained school governors, trustees, and governors on LGBs Save time on recruiting and download our template job descriptions for maintained school governors, academy trustees and governors on local governing bodies. Get inspiration from other schools if you want to write your own.
- The first core function: clarity of vision, ethos and strategy Get a break down of what 'ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategy' really means, who's responsible for doing what, and what this looks like in practice when it comes to school improvement planning and monitoring your school's performance.
- The governing board: purpose and responsibilities Save time with our summary of your board's responsibilities. Download a copy to share with your board.
- The second core function: holding executive leaders to account Find out who your executive leaders are, what it means to hold them to account, and how to do it in practice.
- The third core function: overseeing financial performance All governors have a part to play in monitoring school finance. Get a concise overview of what your role is and what you're monitoring, so you can make sure money's well spent.