Curriculum committee: terms of reference
See examples of terms of reference from schools and a local authority. Read guidance on how frequently your curriculum committee should meet.
Primary school examples
Community school in Devon
Willand School's curriculum committee meets termly under its terms of reference. Along with responsibility for several policies, this committee's remit includes:
- Agreeing arrangements for educational visits and making sure they're aligned with Devon County guidance
- Developing and reviewing how governors monitor specific areas of the curriculum as linked to the school improvement plan
- Developing a policy and procedures for governors' school visits
- Reviewing and recommending term dates, including non-pupil and inset days
Voluntary aided school in Aylsham
St Michael's CofE School has a curriculum committee. The link to all of its committees' terms of reference is at the bottom of the page.
The curriculum committee's remit is divided between 2 broad areas:
- Curriculum planning and delivery
- Assessment and improvement
Secondary school examples
The curriculum committee's terms of reference are included in the scheme of delegation at Sacred Heart High School (pages 13-15). They state that its