What to include
Use our terms of reference template to set out the membership, quorum and meeting frequency for your curriculum committee.
It's also best practice to include:
- Which policies the committee will review and approve
- Which areas of compliance your committee is responsible for
- What the committee will monitor and how
- What school visits members will make and how often
- Which school leaders will report to the committee
Use the examples from schools to see which policies and monitoring tasks other boards delegate to their curriculum committee. Remember that all boards will be different, so yours won't delegate all the same policies and compliance areas.
Ideally, curriculum committees meet once a term
However, you might need to call extra meetings outside your normal schedules if:
Make sure to include a provision to call special meetings in your committee's terms