You are here:
Headteacher's position on the governing board
It’s important to understand the headteacher’s role on the governing board, so that you can work constructively with them. Use this article to understand the rules around their rights to be a governor, and membership and voting rights in different situations, so your board can get this right.
- Headteacher's right to be a governor
- Role on the governing board
- Acting headteachers
- Can another staff member fill the headteacher's governor position?
- Can a staff member fill in for the headteacher at one meeting?
- Effective meetings: tips from the corporate sector
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.