You are here:
Electing a chair/vice-chair: FAQs
- 1 Can the same person be elected as chair for successive terms?
- 2 Can a board have more than one chair or vice-chair?
- 3 Who should lead the election process?
- 4 Must elections for chair be held each September?
- 5 Can the vice-chair continue their term if elections will take place before it ends?
- 6 What if the votes are tied?
- 7 Can staff governors vote?
- 8 Can associate members vote?
- 9 Can a losing candidate for chair automatically become vice-chair?
- 10 Can we elect a person as chair/vice-chair if they are not present?
- 11 Can a governor who is paid to provide services to the school be chair/vice-chair?
- 12 Can a governor continue as chair after their term of office ends?
- 13 Can a handover take place when the outgoing chair's term of office has ended?
- 14 Should we restart the election process after a period of upheaval?
- 1 download
- 5 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.