A solid induction gets a new governor or trustee on their feet quickly
It's best practice for all new governors to have induction training because:
- Your board will work most efficiently when everyone knows their roles and responsibilities
- Ofsted will consider governors' commitment to their development as part of the 'leadership and management' judgement
In order to make that happen, your board needs to:
- Identify induction and ongoing training needs
- Encourage all governors to take advantage of the resources, guidance and training available to them
- Set aside a budget for governor training needs
This is set out in the Governance Handbook (page 43).
Our on demand online training
We offer comprehensive induction programmes for:
This is included with your membership.
Our on-demand courses will give the newest members of your board the opportunity to learn at a time and pace that suits them, in the comfort of their