Download our template
Download and adapt our template letter to welcome your new governor or trustee to your board.
Our associate education expert, Dr Ingrid Wassenaar, helped us with this letter.
Find out how to induct new governors and trustees effectively.
Information to accompany your letter
You may want to include the following information with your letter:
- Information on any necessary checks they need and haven't done yet (see our article on DBS checks for governors and trustees)
- Full governing board and committee meeting dates
- Governor/trustee induction pack
- Their mentor contact information
- Guidance on how they can prepare for your next governing board meeting
- Information on the type of governor/trustee they are, for example co-opted, staff or parent
- Information on safeguarding training (which is a requirement for all new governors and trustees) and induction training
You can also use our induction checklist, so you're clear on what documentation you need give someone new.
Red Rose Primary