Planning for 2021/22 (maintained schools)
Get ahead with our year planner. Keep on top of important deadlines and the tasks you should carry out each term as a governing board.
Please note: if you're in a secondary school, the exam timetable for the coming year hasn't been published yet.
Download and adapt our year planner
Make sure your governing board stays up to date and compliant in the year ahead, with:
- Key dates and deadlines
- Checklists of tasks to carry out each term, and a list of ongoing tasks
Please note that this isn't exhaustive, and dates of events may change. Check with your local authority to confirm any further requirements.
Read these articles to help you prepare for the coming year
Get ready for 2021/22 with guidance on:
- How to review your vision with inclusion and safety in mind
- Ofsted review of sexual abuse in schools: summary
- Routine Ofsted inspections in autumn 2021: impact of COVID-19
- The changes to Keeping Children Safe in Education, due to come into force from 1 September 2021
- Foundation schools and voluntary aided schools: changes to the School Admissions Code from September 2021
Our associate experts Fred Birkett and Fiona Stagg helped us create the year planner in this article.
Fred is an experienced teacher and education consultant. He's been a governor for 20 years in primary and secondary schools and a chair of governors for half that time.
Fiona is a national leader of governance and an independent clerk. She’s an experienced chair of governors, conducts external reviews of governance, and supports and mentors chairs and clerks. She's also a facilitator for the DfE's governance leadership programme.