Spring term 2024 agenda items and how to prepare
Here are the headline issues you're likely to cover in your full governing board meeting this term. Read on to understand each issue and feel prepared with further reading and questions you can ask to interrogate the agenda items effectively.
- Monitor how attendance is going
- Think about wellbeing and mental health
- Understand your school's plans for 2024 tests or exams
- Complete the SFVS
- Finalise next year’s budget
- Review your recruitment processes
- Determine admission arrangements for entry in September 2025
- Review and publish gender pay gap information
- Monitor your school improvement plan (SIP)
- Set up governors with training from The Key
Monitor how attendance is going
Attendance isn't where it should be for many schools this year – if this is the case in your school, you'll want to check in and make sure your leaders are doing everything they can to promote good attendance.
You could ask your headteacher to include attendance in their report, if they don't already do this, so you have the figures to discuss.
Read more about your role in improving school attendance, and ask leaders some of the questions below: