You are here:
Finance committee: purpose, membership and agendas
Find out what a finance committee should do, who should be on it and how often it should meet. See examples of terms of reference and meeting minutes.
- Finance committees aren't a statutory requirement
- Know your remit: have clear terms of reference
- Make sure you have governors with the right skills
- Have regular meetings and update the full board
- Terms of reference: examples
- Agendas and meeting minutes: examples
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.