You are here:
Governors' codes of conduct: guidance and examples
Should school governing bodies have a code of conduct? DfE guidance says governing bodies should have a code of conduct. We link to codes from a range of organisations and schools, and relay advice on what to do if a governor will not sign the code.
- Do we need a code of conduct?
- Codes of conduct from local authorities
- Codes of conduct from school governing bodies
- Code of conduct from the Independent Association of Prep Schools
- Codes of conduct that refer to safeguarding
- Single codes of conduct for the whole school community
- Governors who will not sign the code of practice
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.