You are here:
Governors' codes of conduct: guidance and examples
Want to read more?
To read this article in full, sign up for a free trial of The Key.
Membership starts from £1.10 per day and includes an unlimited number of logins for all of your governing body. If you join today, we'll also waive the £100 joining fee.
Membership gives school governors access to:
- 1,500+ online articles, with information and resources to help governors get to grips with their role
- Policy bank from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports, and planners
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Pre-inspection resources, including questions that inspectors may ask
- A weekly News Briefing
Already a member?
- 1 Do we need a code of conduct?
- 2 Codes of conduct from local authorities
- 3 Codes of conduct from school governing bodies
- 4 Code of conduct from the Independent Association of Prep Schools
- 5 Codes of conduct that refer to safeguarding
- 6 Single codes of conduct for the whole school community
- 7 Governors who will not sign the code of practice
- 1 download
- 12 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.