You are here:
Parent governor/trustee elections
If you're the chair or clerk, follow this process to ensure you carry out parent governor/trustee elections efficiently, and in line with the rules.
- Use our document templates
- Who's responsible for organising the election?
- Who's eligible for election?
- Plan and write your recruitment literature
- Notify parents of a vacancy and invite applications
- If not enough parents stand for election
- Running an election by ballot
- When do parent governors' terms of office start?
- How does re-election work?
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.