You are here:

Changing articles of association and funding agreements

Ref: 5080
Last updated on 19 July 2017
School types: Academy · School phases: All
In-depth article
How do we change our articles of association? Changing an academy's articles of association is done through the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). We relay advice about this process from a representative of the ESFA and refer to guidance from the Charity Commission and Companies House.

Article tools


  1. 1 Academies must submit a request to the ESFA
  2. 2 Updated articles must be sent to Companies House

More from The Key

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.