You are here:
Appointing academy employees as trustees
Get clarity on whether academy employees can also sit on the board of trustees, and what rules to follow to make sure your board can remain impartial.
- Staff trustees aren't required
- Members can decide whether to appoint the principal
- The DfE would prefer you not to appoint other employees
- The model articles allow it, with conditions
- No standard process for appointment/election
- Manage conflicts of interest once they are appointed
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.