You are here:
Personal relationships between governors/clerks and school staff
There's nothing to prevent relationships between governors and school employees, but it's crucial to handle them carefully. Read what the rules say, and how our experts recommend managing this.
- Declare the conflict of interest
- Identify potential areas of risk
- Assess each situation on a case-by-case basis
- Consider when a substitution would be appropriate
- Relationship between headteacher and the chair
- Relationship between members of the governing board
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.