You are here:
Staff restructure involving redundancies: governors' role
Find out your role during a staff restructure. This includes where there may be redundancies.
- Make sure the process is fair, transparent and objective
- Your personnel committee should have specific responsibilities
- Avoid getting involved on an individual basis
- You’re responsible for staff dismissals if your board is the employer
- LA and school examples of governor roles during redundancy
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.