You are here:
Headteacher recruitment during coronavirus: how to manage it remotely
You can still successfully recruit a headteacher. Here's what you need to do differently to lead a remote recruitment round and how to do it well.
- Take extra precautions so the process runs smoothly
- Have an additional phone interview to screen candidates
- Speak with referees before the interview
- Set up remote interviewing and test it
- Most traditional interview tasks will probably be the same
- Get candidates to meet staff remotely
- Do the same with pupils
- Check ID documents remotely
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.