- Governing board's role in appointing staff Understand the part your board plays in appointing headteachers, deputy headteachers and other members of staff in maintained schools and academies. Discover more about your safer recruitment responsibilities and how to remain strategic.
- Headteacher recruitment: top tips for attracting candidates Recruiting a headteacher can feel like a daunting task. Read our top tips to make sure you attract the best candidates for your school and take our headteacher recruitment training module to be fully prepared.
- Headteacher recruitment: what to do if it's not going well Recruiting a headteacher is difficult, time-consuming, and it isn't always successful despite your best efforts. Here's some advice on how to start over if it's not going well and you can't turn it around.
- Recruitment checks: cheat sheet Do you know your DBS check from your section 128? Barred list check from prohibition from teaching? Learn the difference between the key recruitment checks, and why they're important.
- Safer recruitment: role of the governing board Your board needs to confirm safer recruitment procedures are carried out in your school as part of it’s safeguarding responsibilities. Get to grips with what your role is, and how to do it.
- Shortlisting candidates: template and guidance Download our shortlisting template to help you identify which candidates to invite for interview. Find out how to make sure your process is fair and that you shortlist the right people.