You are here:
Staff disciplinary panels: which governors should be involved?
Who should sit on a staff disciplinary panel? Governing bodies must establish their own staff disciplinary procedures and ensure they adhere to these. We cite advice from two governance experts and the union ASCL on who should sit on the staff disciplinary panel.
- Staff disciplinary procedures: Governance Handbook
- Constitution of a staff disciplinary panel: requirements
- Staff governors must not sit on a staff disciplinary panel
- Involvement of governors who are parents
- Associate members can be involved
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.