Data protection and the GDPR
- Being a DPO: a guide for trust governance leads Understand what your responsibilities are as a data protection officer (DPO), how to balance them with your role as a governance lead and what your trust should do to support you.
- Cyber security glossary Get a handle on the key terms around cyber security so you can understand the common forms of cyber attack, and the measures your school can put in place.
- Governors’ role in cyber security Be clear on what you need to know about cyber security, and the questions you can ask your school leaders, so you can be assured your school is as safe as possible from a cyber attack.
- The UK GDPR Read our one-page summary of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and download a copy to share with other governors.
- The UK GDPR: summary The UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) determines how your school must process and store personal data - understand the main requirements and how the data laws have changed since Brexit.
- UK GDPR cheat sheet: how to keep personal data safe Download our summary of the main actions governors need to take to protect personal data, including tips for keeping emails secure and what to do with governing board documents.
- UK GDPR glossary The world of data protection is filled with jargon and technical terms. Our UK GDPR glossary makes it accessible for you.
- UK GDPR: Questions to ask your DPO Find out what questions you can ask your data protection officer (DPO) and what to look for in the answers, so you're confident your school's compliant.
- UK GDPR: what governors and trustees need to do to be compliant Schools must make sure their data processing complies with data protection law under the UK GDPR. Here's what your board needs to do to make sure you and your school are compliant, including a downloadable checklist to monitor compliance.