You are here:
Powers of the local authority in maintained schools
- 1 LA's responsibility for performance standards
- 2 Schools must share some information with their LA
- 3 Schools must follow financial guidance from their LA
- 4 Can the LA overturn a governing body decision?
- 5 LA visits to the school
- 6 School reviews by LAs
- 7 Can the LA direct governors to take on specific roles?
- 7 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.