This article is based on:
- Ofsted's consultation on its 2019 inspection framework and the consultation outcome
- The press release accompanying the launch of the consultation
- The 2019 education inspection framework (EIF)
- The 2019 School Inspection Handbook
The impact of COVID-19
Ofsted's latest handbook update takes into account how schools have been affected by the pandemic. It recognises that most schools will have been unable to implement the curriculum in the usual way.
As such, inspectors will look at how your school has adapted and prioritised the curriculum from September 2020, including:
- How your school leaders' decisions about remote education have led to changes/adaptations in your school's curriculum
- How subject leaders and teachers have identified pupils’ learning gaps and new starting points, and how they have responded to that in their curriculum planning
- How your school leaders have deployed tutors to support the aims of your school's curriculum
See paragraphs 13 to 15 of the School Inspection Handbook.
This judgement has the