You are here:
Questions Ofsted might ask governors
Find out what Ofsted inspectors might ask you during inspection and what evidence you can use to support your answers.
The impact of COVID-19
Ofsted recognises the disruption caused to schools by the pandemic and has updated its School Inspection Handbook to reflect this. For information on how inspectors will consider the impact of the pandemic, read our article here.
Questions Ofsted might ask
Based on the 2019 Ofsted framework, use these questions to prepare for an inspection and see suggestions of evidence you can provide to support your answers.
- Your understanding of your role and school
- Quality of education/curriculum
- Use of funding
- Personal development, behaviour and attitudes
We developed this list based on:
- The inspection experiences of 3 governing boards under the 2019 framework
- Recommendations from our associate education experts
- A blog post by Sean Harford, Ofsted's national director of education
They'll be able to offer guidance as to what Ofsted's key lines of enquiry might be based on
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.