You are here:
Ofsted's 'Improving governance': an overview
We outline the main points from Ofsted's 2016 report 'Improving governance'. We focus on the recommendations for the governing bodies of maintained schools, academies and multi-academy trusts.
- Ofsted's findings: overcoming the barriers to governance
- Identify weaknesses through robust self-evaluation
- Develop knowledge and skills within the governing body
- Make use of external expertise and support
- Clarify governors' roles and responsibilities
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.