ICT and internet acceptable use policies
See examples of policies for both pupils and staff from primary, secondary, and special schools. Read guidance on what this type of policy should include.
Policy for pupils
Bar Hill Primary School, an academy in Cambridgeshire, has an ICT acceptable use policy for pupils that sets out:
- How the school oversees pupils' access to the internet
- Expectations of pupils using the internet, including that pupils:
- Must ask permission before accessing the internet
- Are expected not to use any rude language in their email communications and contact only people they know or those the teacher has approved
- Will not access social networking sites unless expressly permitted
- Should not access other people's files without permission
- When personal devices can be used in school
- Rules for use of the local authority's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Sanctions if pupils misuse the internet
(Scroll down to the 'local' policies).
Policies for staff
Swanton Abbot Community Primary School in Norfolk has an acceptable