You are here:

External providers and public liability insurance

Ref: 30106
Last updated on 8 March 2017
School types: All · School phases: All
In-depth article
Must external providers purchase their own public liability insurance? Schools and external providers, including independent clerks, should have their own public liability insurance. This article includes advice from one of our experts, and links to guidance from an LA and policies from schools.

Article tools


  1. 1 Liability insurance 
  2. 2 Independent clerks
  3. 3 LA guidance
  4. 4 School policy 

Article features

  • 6 external links

More from The Key

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.