You are here:
Key Stage 2 SATs: governors' role
SATs are approaching. Here's what you need to know and what you should ask your head. And, if you're asked to be an 'independent observer' for your school's test administration, use our checklist so you know what to look for.
- Know the key information
- Monitor SATs as part of general teaching and learning
- Ask about the effects on wellbeing
- Ask about the test administration
- You might need to be an independent observer
- Independent observers: use our checklist
- Scrutinise your school's results afterwards
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.