You are here:
Headteacher's guide: presenting performance data to governors
Read our guide to make sure you strike the balance between 'too much' and 'not enough' when you present performance data to the governing board.
- Don't give them more than they need
- Give them the headlines
- Give them achievement summaries for specific groups
- Point out any trends
- Respect confidentiality
- Don't give them data related to formative assessment
- Present the data in a format that's easy to understand
- Agree the frequency of reports with your board
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.