You are here:
Coronavirus: operational guidance summary
Read our summary of the DfE's operational guidance to find out what your leaders need to do to run your school safely during coronavirus. Here we cover the main changes to government rules, including on attendance, face coverings, and coronavirus testing.
- From 1 April: everyone should attend unless they're self-isolating
- School leaders need to review your protective measures and risk assessment
- When educational visits might resume
- National assessments and exams won't go ahead this summer
- Breakfast and after-school clubs can go ahead
- Music, dance and drama can take place
- Prioritise outdoor PE and hold sports competitions outdoors
- Ofsted: 'light-touch' over summer, full inspections in September
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.