You are here:
Curriculum requirements: maintained secondary schools
If you're reviewing or updating your curriculum, find out what you need to cover to stay compliant with requirements and meet DfE expectations.
- Key Stage 3 (KS3) requirements
- Key Stage 4 (KS4) requirements
- Secondary schools must also teach RE and SRE at both Key Stages
- PSHE isn't statutory, but your school's expected to teach it
- Schools also need to provide for pupils' SMSC development
- Subject teaching time
- Next steps
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.