You are here:
What are sponsored academies? Each low-performing school becoming an academy is expected to have a sponsor that "will bring added drive, expertise and capacity". We look at the DfE's guidance on academy sponsorship and explain how sponsored academies are governed.
- Responsibilities of the sponsor
- Funding for newly sponsored academies
- Criteria for approval of sponsors
- Governance of sponsored academies
- 'Interim executive committees' in sponsored academies
- Sponsorship and admissions policies in faith schools
- Converter academies: disputing a sponsor
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.