Academy status: an introduction
- How academy governance works Learn how academies are governed, including the difference between members and trustees, and find out what key documents you need to be familiar with.
- Leadership and governance structures of trusts Understand the requirements on how to structure the roles of leaders, trustees and local governors in your trust. We explain what the rules are, and what's up to you to decide.
- Model articles of association: 2021 update summary The articles have been updated with some changes to be aware of. However, you'll only need to adopt them when the time comes to update your own articles of association or if you're setting up a trust. Get up to speed on what's changed.
- Multi-academy trust governance structure Save time by reading our summary of the governance structure in multi-academy trusts (MATs). Download a copy to share with your governing board.
- Multi-academy trusts (MATs): pros and cons Get a reality check on the possible advantages and disadvantages to joining an academy trust so you can cut through the noise and make an informed decision.
- Single academy trust governance structure Save time by reading our summary of what governance looks like in a single academy trust. Download a copy to share with your board.