You are here:
Removing an academy trustee from office
What are the rules on removing academy trustees from office? We explain the rules on this, as set out in the DfE's model articles and the Governance Handbook. We also relay advice from one of our associate education experts on seeking to remove a trustee.
- Trustees may remove appointed trustees
- Powers of the members to remove trustees
- Can trustees remove local governors?
- What can we do if we are having problems with a trustee?
- Process for seeking the removal of a trustee
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.