You are here:
Members of the academy trust: FAQs
- 1 Who are the members of the academy trust?
- 2 How many members should a trust have?
- 3 Can the trustees’ power to make rules affect the members of the trust?
- 4 Should the chair of trustees be a member?
- 5 Can a member be a corporate body or does he/she have to be an individual?
- 6 Should members be named in the articles?
- 7 Members' liability: how does it affect individuals?
- 8 Can members send a proxy to meetings?
- 9 Do members have voting rights at meetings of the trustees?
- 10 Members who are also trustees: FAQs
- 11 Can a local governor also be a member of the trust?
- 11 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.