You are here:
Disqualification of trustees in academies
What disqualifies a trustee from holding office in an academy? This article outlines the rules on eligibility in the DfE's model articles of association, including rules for multi-academy trusts. It also includes 2 downloadable KeyDocs you can use when appointing new trustees.
- Reasons for disqualification
- Disqualification on the grounds of absence from meetings
- KeyDoc checklist: eligibility to be a trustee
- KeyDoc template: declaration of eligibility
- Membership of local governing bodies
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.