You are here:
Local governing bodies: FAQs
- 1 What are members of local governing bodies called?
- 2 Do governors' terms of office 'reset' on becoming local governors?
- 3 Can trustees appoint parent local governors?
- 4 Staff local governors: role and appointment
- 5 Can a staff member be made an ex-officio member of the LGB?
- 6 Can trustees also be local governors?
- 7 Can the chair of trustees also chair LGBs?
- 8 Can MAT central staff sit on the LGB?
- 9 Can the clerk of one LGB be a local governor on another LGB in the same MAT?
- 10 Does the 'LA-influenced' restriction apply to LGBs?
- 11 Can LGBs appoint associate members?
- 12 Do alternative provision academies in a MAT have LGBs?
- 13 Can LGBs meet when the MAT board is no longer quorate?
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.