You are here:
Academy conversion costs: guidance
Want to read more?
To read this article in full, sign up for a free trial of The Key.
Membership starts from £1.10 per day and includes an unlimited number of logins for all of your governing body. If you join today, we'll also waive the £100 joining fee.
Membership gives school governors access to:
- More than a thousand online articles, with information and resources to help governors get to grips with their role
- Policy bank from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports, and planners
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Pre-inspection resources, including questions that inspectors may ask
- A weekly News Briefing
Already a member?
- 1 Costs vary from school to school
- 2 Some LAs charge for conversion services
- 3 Faith schools should speak to their dioceses
- 4 Legal costs of converting to academy status
- 5 Joining an existing MAT can mean reduced costs
- 6 Estimated legal costs of joining or forming a MAT
- 7 Other costs that may be incurred during conversion
- 8 Costs that will be ongoing from the point of conversion
- 4 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.